by Steve Urquhart
– Proven leadership capabilities spanning a 20-year career, including the US Army, Siemens, and the State of Florida.
– Deep knowledge of the workforce system and the Workforce Investment Act, including negotiations with US Department of Labor and development of the state strategic plan.
– More than 7 years of work on statewide and regional strategy and visioning, as a founding member of the Innovation Caucus (2005-08) and the Talent Supply & Education Caucus (2009-12) and the development of long-term strategies with the Florida Chamber Foundation and a number of other key statewide thought leadership organizations.
– 10 years of cross-functional experience in public policy, including workforce development, economic development, and public private partnerships, including corporate citizenship from the public and private sector perspective.
– A robust Central Florida network built over 15 years as an Orlando resident and trusted leader, active member of the community and volunteer with many organizations, including Heart of Florida United Way, Habitat for Humanity, and Rollins College.
– A vision for the potential of Central Florida’s workforce that connects the needs of business to the current and future talent in our community and works to close the talent gap.